Emergency Alarm System As seen on New Inventors
The emergency alarm system is a duress or panic alarm system. It uses innovative technology to allow you to utilize the computer network you already have in place and inexpensively add a panic/duress alarm. It has been under development in Australia since 2006.
What does it do?
If you are seeing a patient and for any reason you need help . It could be the patient gets aggressive, they have a heart attack or collapse and you want to call for help. All you do is push the EAS button on your desk.
How does it work?
You simply load the software onto all computers at your work site that are connected by a network. Then plug a USB button into each computer that you want to be able to trigger alarms from. When an emergency occurs, simply press the button and an alarm window, and a tone will appear on the the other computers in the network. Its that simple.
Benefits of this system
- Fast. Everyone in the building will know within seconds that there is an emergency.
- Low cost. Much less expensive than hard wiring a building.
- Wide spread alarm notification. Everyone near a computer will be alerted to an emergency.
- Reliable. If the button is glowing and the lights are on it is connected. With a hard wired switch you only know if its working when you test it.
- Flexible. If you rearrange the room the buttons can be moved easily with the computer. Hard wiring is expensive to move around.
- Expandable. Just add more buttons as required.
- Relocatable. Moving to a new building, take it with you!
Who is this for?
Anyone who needs to able to alert others in the building that they need help. Initially this has been designed for GPs, but it can be of use for anyone who works in a situation where they often deal with people on a one to one basis. It would be ideal for counselors , psychiatrists and other health professionals who work in a room one on one with clients.
*** At present this system will not work with thin clients on TS, only 'fat' ones that run windows ***